Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Head, Security of Operations
Apply here for Head, Security of Operations at Total Nigeria Plc.
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Head of Security of Operations
Offer ID: 12654BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment type: Regular position
Métier: H3SEQ General Responsibilities/Polyvalent, Security
Branch: Exploration and Production
Interface with Government Security Forces (GSF) deployed to company:
- Maintains Operational contacts with Commanders of assigned Security forces in the company to ensure adherence of their personnel to Company procedures in line with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR)
- Routine management of operational matters with GSF deployment, rotation and administration. Escalates any incidents that result from their activities to the Security Manager
Operational coordination of the deployment of security resources for operations:
- Supervises the deployment of security vehicles and Security forces for provision of escorts for all movements
- Prepares operational orders for execution of critical and routine Staff and Assets protective duties
- Supervise the daily activities of Escort co-coordinators, dispatchers and Intervention teams
Co-ordination of Security control room activities:
- Ensures that the equipment and personnel required for smooth operations of the Security control room are clearly identified, and implementation process planned
- Supervises the Security tasks for Security Control room operations including but not limited to route monitoring, alert system and surveillance means are properly designed and implemented in the Control room in conformity with company internal procedures, including all safety guidelines/standards).
Critical role in Threat analysis and risk evaluation:
- Collates and analyses received Intelligence reports and proposes solutions to Security Manager
- Investigates and provides detailed report of incidents, crime, loss of company properties, anomalies, breaches, gaps, near misses, accidents and complaints related to Security operations and recommend remedial actions to prevent future occurrence.
Operational Support for emergency preparedness:
- Assists the Security manager during emergencies and ensures that the instructions on equipment and resources availability are executed
- Develops and implements training for the Security emergency preparedness of the security operations team in liaison with other entities
Report process performance:
- Security breaches, incidents, and downgraded situations
- Make recommendations and implement sanctions as appropriate
- Process follow-up data
- Qualification: A university graduate in Sciences, Engineering, Social Science, Political Science or Law.
- Past experience in the Armed Forces, Police or State Security Services with about 8 years experience;
- Oil and Gas Industry experience an added advantage.
- Task scheduling and supervisory roles in Logistics or field operations environment preferably in Oil and Gas.
- Security Risk Assessments, security investigations, management of security systems, security information and management.
- Time management, report writing and presentations using Microsoft office suite, team and results oriented disposition, quick initiative with good decision making ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Visit: www.careers.total.com, If the page defaults in French Click on “English” at the top of the page to change the larguage.
- On the navigation bar Click ‘APPLY TO TOTAL’
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference.
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria.
- Select your job preference to view details of the job.
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details In the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email ONLY
- State of Origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study.
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- All application forms must be completed online as we are unable to process paper applications.
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application per position as multiple applications may result in cancellation of the application.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018.
Also read on Nigerian Police Force Shortlisted Candidate 2018